Digital Publishing 101 for Ebooks is a complete digital publishing roadmap — and it’s specifically designed for working publishers and those in the publishing industry who need to master the new art of Digital Publishing, not just for a single publication but on an on-going basis.
Digital Publishing 101 is two training programs in one.
- It’s a high-level view to help you plan and manage; and
- It’s an exploration of the details that you or your team will need to make effective digital publishing happen.
How This Course Will Help You
- By understanding the key trends and technologies driving the digital publishing market today and tomorrow, you will be able to choose the digital strategies that are right for you and avoid costly technology dead-ends.
- By learning best practices to prepare books for conversion, you will lower digital production costs, reduce errors, and future-proof your content.
- By producing an illustrated ebook from start to finish using supplied project files and videos, you will learn the best way to create ebooks. PLUS you will learn editorial and design best practices, and better understand how to manage the production process.
- By understanding the pros and cons of the various methods for producing ebooks, both for one-off projects and for larger lists, you will learn how to make the right format and production choices for each of your titles.
- By understanding how and where to distribute and sell ebooks internationally, you will be able to maximize your digital sales, and focus on where you earn the best returns.
- By knowing where to find essential products and services to help your digital publishing business, you will fast-track your success by tapping into the same products and suppliers that digital leaders are using.
- By understanding digital rights and agreements, including technology licensing and multimedia, you will avoid problems and legal pitfalls that can catch publishers out.
- By having the tools, and a solid framework, to plan and pick the right digital path for your business, you will be ready to build your business and career on solid digital foundations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Publishing professionals who have experience with traditional publishing methods but are not truly confident facing the new challenges of digital publishing (and wish to protect both their career and their business).